Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HARD TO BELIEVE

It's been a whole year since we wrapped production last November 15, 2011. There have been four screenings of "Death & Taxes" during the editing process in order to get feedback and to try and hone the two hour and eight minute first cut down to its current 93:30 minutes. After a lot of hard work, I think it's there, and the film is entering the final phases of post. The composers are working on polishing the score. Sound effects cutting is getting underway. A great dialogue editor will hopefully be starting in January. I'm going to be putting together ADR (dialogue replacement) that's needed and playing around with more incidental music (songs in the film). Hopefully, if all goes well, we'll be able to mix by spring or, at least, summer of next year. I originally got jazzed to try and do this whole process a lot faster, but when you're working bare bones, you're grateful for any and all helping efforts that come your way. And I want to finish the film as professionally as possible no matter how long it takes. Originally, I planned to crunch the completion and try to get into some festivals early next year, but that was naive thinking born from both the fatigue and the excitement of being committed to this project for over sixteen months. 


Soon, I hope, I'll be doing a Kickstarter project to raise funds for the final sound cutting, professional mix, supervised color correction, and also to cover the expense of some additional music, finishing the score, submitting to festivals and even to do a little promotion for the film. All these things will be done way low budget, but they're still going to cost some dough. The Kickstarter proposal has taken me way longer than I anticipated. Please check it out when I finally get it posted and let me know what you think. I'm trying to create some cool premiums like: thrift store shopping with lead actor, Aaron Rhodes, or a pasta dinner cooked by me at my house. I'm going to need all the help I can get to raise $20K, of which about 25% will go to Kickstarter fees and paying for the premiums, in a 30 day time limit. The Kickstarter link will be here soon! Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment